Saturday, August 8, 2009

Last NE ride

This morning we did the usual 76 mile NE loop. LL, Jay, Kevin, Gordon, Paul, Aaron, James. I was just looking for some exercise and with my lack of any real training for the last 4 weeks I knew I needed to conserve a lot to survive. We averaged right at 23mph and I didn't really pull at all...I'd stay on the front for a minute or two the come off regardless if I felt good or not. I didn't want to take any chances of cramping up or getting dropped. So for me it was a really nice cruise for the most part.


I don't think I'll be doing any more real long rides like this for a while. Speaking of long rides, Rob and Karl rode to charleston today--130 miles and averaged 20mph...you do the math.

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

last week I rode 121 in 5:31 SOLO in the MOUNTAINS! oh, and then ran a hard 8 miles.
2 guys trading pulls to flat Chas, yawn!

Rich W said...

maybe...but nobody calls you "the mutant"

;-)