Tuesday, August 21, 2007

TNWC 8/21

The crit tonight was pretty freakin hot (right now at 9:45pm it's 92 degrees)...that combined with my lack of riding lately made for a mello affair. I just sat in and tried to talk myself out of following attacks. I knew I had one shot at it tonight and I had to plan it to perfection.

On the last lap I was sitting about 8th wheel and it was pretty fast...but around 100m before the 3rd turn there was a slight lull and I attacked hard up the right gutter. I got a gap but it wasn't that big...maybe 5 seconds. I also drug Sammy with me but I knew it was all or nothing so I just put my head down and went as hard as I could. Sammy came around me at around 200m and was caught at the line by a couple of people. Apparently 2 went down on turn 4 and one person tweaked his shoulder...maybe broken/dislocated.

Overall the race tonight felt pretty easy but I'm longing for some mello temps to actually be able to train outside.

1 Comment:

MM said...

Sam, the dude from CC, separated his shoulder in the crash. Nick rode away with nothing more than dirt on his bike and person.