Sunday, August 26, 2007

Weekend Update

Friday was the beer ride with Ella...It was a good time and we did the whole loop so it was her first hour and a half on the bike. She's a trooper.

Saturday was a hot and sweltering 2 hour ride through Hopkins then we hit the pool.

Sunday was going to be a 2 hour ride but I met up with Brian C. on the fort and we got talking...long story short is that I'm gonna do the state road race next saturday (35+ masters). So I changed my ride plans and did 4 hours...all in the fort, a triple loop--iron cross--turn around loop. About every option I could think of--riding not too hard just steady. I ran out of water for the last 40min and stopped at the "shoppette" just past the traffic circle. That's the coldest damn water in the city...it kicks ass. Speaking of ass I've started using this on every ride and it's made a world of difference.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

A George Foreman move...right out of retirement and straight to the Championship bout!

(Thank goodness for the masters race so I don't have to deal with you!)

Rich W said...

You'll look real cool riding around town with that jersey and the 6 inch letters: CAT 4 STATE CHAMP

If I recall you're of the age to ride masters too...

Anonymous said...

that post taint right