Saturday, July 14, 2007

A rare ride...

I finally got out today. Did 58 miles with the group and it was mostly mellow paceline stuff. A week off being sick can make a rough transition back to riding but I felt pretty good today...I couldn't really push too much past threshold but didn't really want to either. The plan is to do a solid 2 weeks of hard training to try to get back some kind of form. We'll see. Right now my TSB is through the roof.

Saris has a pretty good series of Tour power related video's with Alan Lim and R. Ventura HERE. You gotta enter your email address to view em. I thought the one about w/kg was good.

Also some great video's from Velonews HERE. My favorites were Chris Horner talking about getting a slice of pizza from the Saunier Duval Car and today's winner Linus Gerdemann saying:

"On zee last K of zee climb, ees vas zooo long und I vas fighting zooo long und I vas always looking at my SRM and zee vatts vas always going down, down, down..."
Also Dave Z's got a lot of good stuff. funny shit.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

RW, Look at Lim's estimate of Cancellara's power in the prologue...541 for a mere 9 minutes!
http://community.active.com/blogs/tourdefrance/2007/07/08/dr-allen-lim-prologue-2007

Rich W said...

Wow...that's incredible. When he flew out of the start house I knew it would be special.

Anonymous said...

How much does Fabian weigh?

Anonymous said...

80 kg

Rich W said...

Flat TT's is where power to weight kindof gets skewed....Kloden actually had a higher w/kg during the prologe but as Alan Lim points out in his chart his power to frontal surface area was a lot higher. Which won it because overcoming aerodynamic drag is the primary limiter in TT's. That said...Kloden is the one to watch in the mtns (if his ass heals!).