Tuesday, July 24, 2007

TNWC 7/24

My game plan for tonights race (and questionable fitness) were as follows: follow all serious looking breaks and bridge early before the gap gets too big and pray for a bunch sprint.

It was a pretty animated night with lots of attacks/counters and the pace was kept pretty high. I felt comfortable and didn't miss any serious looking breaks--the legs felt good. Karl was putting the hurt on all night.

At about the 44min mark there was a lull and Ladd and I found ourselves with about a 30m gap and I said "GO!" and we drilled it and opened it up to about 10 to 15s. We worked well to keep it but near the end I started getting fried and on the final stretch I told him to just take it to the line and I really didn't have anything left to contest the sprint. It was a nice finish against a strong field.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

To all readers: Rich called and managed the break. He also had the advantage on the final straight in that he was sitting on my wheel. He could have made this a much more interesting finish than it was!