Tuesday, May 15, 2007

TNWC 5/15

Maybe eating that huge quesadilla at 5:15 wasn’t the best idea…

Perry started the action on the “neutral” lap…or maybe it was Matt. No matter. Things got started in a big way. A huge 1/2 lap chase caught them and then another larger group went away. This looked a little more promising so i jumped across to it. We stayed away a while then things came back together and a few more attacks and things settled down. On one lull Karl did his patented slow speed attack from the back and had an instant gap…alone. He had a 1/4 lap lead and from the “chase” I knew we wouldn’t be catching him anytime soon. Langston ended up bridging across and they stayed away for quite a while. I just rolled through the pack surfing wheels and not really doing any work to speak of. After what seemed like an eternity, we finally caught the two and things stayed fast enought to thwart any real breaks. When at 45min people were resigned to a bunch sprint the inevitable slow down occured and the inevitable 5 non sprinters off the front.

Here’s where I royally screwed the pooch…In an email discussion with Jay he shared some staggering wattage numbers from newbie Ladd L. They were threshold numbers but I thought he was gonna be my ticket to the line so I basically followed him around for 2 laps. Coming into turn 4 I was sitting perfect…3rd wheel with a turbo-diesel in front of me. I envisioned him being forced to lead it out from a long way and me getting a smooth ride to the line…That shit didn’t work out. In fact Mr LL sat up and later informed me that he can’t sprint for shit. Thanks for the heads up dude! Next week it’s back to fighting for Derek’s wheel…

0 Comments: