Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day two

Did the thursday group ride...not a lot of people showed due to the 98ยบ temps. I felt surprisingly good after yesterday's intervals. Tonight my plan was to just ride hard...I took some hard pulls and there were some fast people there so it was a good workout.

My rear axle came loose halfway through the ride. It was shifting poorly and the chain was jumping around so I tried to stick to one gear and didn't try to stand to sprint...that played havoc on my hamstrings and I cramped pretty bad near the end when I ramped it up in the saddle.

Casey was on the ride and said that for the CSC race she got stuck starting at the back which was pretty much a death sentence with a hard crit like that...she and a bunch of others got pulled after losing contact with the main group.

0 Comments: