Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lots of everything

It was cold this morning, no two ways about it but actually when we started rolling it wasn't so bad. It turned out to be a stellar day in many ways. A good group of 5 with everyone laying it down when on the front. I hate a long ride where I'm back there wishing we'd be riding faster...not today. Jay & I were playing who could get the most Kj. He won with 3280. LL probably a thousand more than that. Jay and I also had the same NP for the ride but his FTP is 310w.

My legs were pretty fair the whole day, not great. This was probably due to the 4 hr ride on thursday...I had a weird crampy feeling in my right hamstring that I thought would progress to full cramping but it never did. It went away in the last 45' and I felt pretty good up to the end. I'm sure that nutritionally I'm all out of whack...gotta get back on the plan.

This was a good test of my current fitness and I'm pretty happy with how the day panned out. Good riding you guys...

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have actually taken some decent pulls. My endurance sucks right now.

Rich W said...

Don't worry...I have a feeling you're gonna be inflicting some serious pain on some mtn rides this year.

Jay said...

84% for 4.5 hours. I'd see your fitness passed the test today.