Sunday, January 20, 2008

I got shotgun

Last Sept I got to ride with crusty in the HealthNet team car at the US Pro road race in Greenville. This is some video I shot (heavily redacted!) that shows what it's like in the caravan. HN got a guy in the early break so we were able to head up to the leaders. I was in the car for about an hour and a half--the initial 3 small laps and then one big lap over Paris Mtn. I think they did 4 laps total.

The guy sitting to my right was Nick L. who the year before worked as a mechanic for CSC in europe. He's pretty quick at changing Kirk O'Bee's wheel as you'll see...


3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool

Steve Inmon said...

Great post, thanks for the inside scoop.

Rich W said...

Hopefully I'll get another ride this year...I've been doing some Apple tech support for the new DS so he owe's me.