Wednesday, March 12, 2008

6x5 VO2

I wasn't sure how the legs would feel tonight after yesterday's race but sometimes when you feel crappy leaving the house you end up having a good workout...that's basically what happened.

I'm still trying to focus on VO2 and my bread and butter workout is 6x5 min (5min rest). I try to average 115% of my FTP (for me that's 316w).

It nearly always pans out this way: the first one sucks and the legs feel heavy, the second I feel strong, the 3rd and 4th are so-so, the 5th really sucks and the 6th sucks the worst (my perceived exertion is pegged for this one and I go through all sorts of mental gymnastics to keep the wattage up). This works out to 30min spent in VO2, A fun workout...when it's over!

This is the first time this year that I really nailed this workout so I'm happy about that.

0 Comments: