Saturday, February 7, 2009

Faster 80

I wasn't sure how today was going to go...I was tired but felt pretty OK. LL and I headed out to the usual Wateree loop. I'd be lying if I said I felt good on the bike. It was a struggle and I suffered. 25% of the time I felt pretty good the other 75% like total shit. I went through a couple really bad spots.

I actually could do ok from 90% up to about FTP but once over that I would blow up. LL hurt me bad on some of the climbs...sortof like the selection in a hard race. Over and over again. Fun?

Again I got a second wind at about mile whatever and started feeling decent so I would drill it for short hard pulls (at 280w...). I felt good at the end but I did almost puke at one point. Don't know if that counts. If you subtract the 5 minutes on each side of the ride through the neighborhood we averaged 21 mph (LL gets a lot of credit for riding like a maniac). And the wind was fucking howling...flags out straight. Epic. Glad it's over.